Tuesday, February 9, 2010

today's gratitude

is just for the fact that my children get along so well, and for so long, without my intervention. If they did not, this would have been a much longer, much more challenging day. Home from school, they spent time sledding down our gently sloping backyard, helped me shovel the driveway, and then entertained a friend, together, for about 4 hours in the basement.

I was able to work and actually accomplished a great deal. How far we have come from the day my in-laws gifted us a hockey table because they so desperately wanted to find a way to distract the children away from me, to have more than a moment's conversation. The boys still love to do things with me, but they really don't mind anymore if I'm just around somewhere, doing my own thing.

Oh, I'm just talking about Sam and Isaac. Max, my first born, was out sledding on the golf course with his girlfriend, then over at her house, where they ordered Chinese food to be delivered to them through the snow, and watched a movie. My, how time does change things.

No comments:

Post a Comment