Friday, February 19, 2010

hearting out

Hello, darlings, and farewell.

As soon as I pop off these few words to you, I will be on my way...driving a few hours to Hope Springs via Costco, where I will purchase fuel for my minivan and pink roses for the wonderful kitchen staff who will be feeding me this weekend.

Pink is the color of the fourth chakra, unless you prefer green. Both are good colors to support the energy of your heart chakra, or if translating driectly from Sanskrit, "unstruck"...

Imagine a bell so resonant that it need not be struck to produce a pure and beautiful sound. That is the idea behind this chakra. From your heart center radiates love energy, not in the sense of desiring anything or anybody, but simply a state of being. Love is our natural state, connecting us to the Big Love, Source of All. Pure blissful love surrounds us in this world, and when our fourth chakra is fully open and healthy, we connect with that love.

We were reminded today, at Shine, that we can be too open in this energy center, taking on others' pain and suffering. So remember, while you remain open to love, stay strong, and do not weaken your energy by carrying others' burdens. It is possible, better in fact, to show compassion to another person without actually feeling their hurt. This is so incredibyl important for me to rememeber that I plan to meditate on this idea the next time I am on my yoga mat.

We may value empathy, but when we are debilitated by feeling too much for others, we do no good to ourselves or to anybody else.

Many blessings to all of you, dear hearts.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment