Monday, February 8, 2010

today's gratitude

I am just so thankful to be able to sing. I'm not being immodest, but I know not everyone is as fortunate. I don't think I should have been a recording artist, and I honestly wouldn't want to pay to listen to me warble, unless I'm on harmony. I don't have the anywhere near the richness or sweetness, silkiness or huskiness of the voices I really admire. But to be able to belt the second verse of Joyful, Joyful, over and over again, while doing dishes and laundry, to be able to modulate up by a whole or half step with every repetition of it until I hit the top of my range, to know that in so doing I am presumably not annoying anyone in my house terribly, to be able to sing from my heart and not only hold a tune and hit all the right notes, but also to be able to feel and convey emotion while expressing myself through the combination of words and music - well, it is just very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment