Wednesday, January 6, 2010

procrastination

Wow. I just drove past the two pumpkins which I had placed along the side of my driveway a few months ago. They are the two bright spot of color on the otherwise white landscape of my home. Still, I thought it might be time to dispose of them. I hopped out of the minivan, just now, thinking I'd hoist them into my arms and then dump them into the garbage bin; tonight is the night Paul hauls the garbage and recycling to the curb. Evidently, the pumpkins are not keen on these ideas of mine. They refused to budge. Either they are much heavier, frozen solid, than when they were put into these positions during a more temperate season, or they have become stuck to the ground. Perhaps I will let them stay where they are. Who knows? Next summer, we may be tending a pumpkin patch next to our driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment