Saturday, January 9, 2010

feelin' the love

I'm having a lovely moment, and thought I'd share it with you. The day started off kind of bumpy, but in the past hour, it has improved. First, my husband called to offer to do the shopping for me, and then apologized for every incident of his grumpiness during the course of the past week; then, my ex-husband called to thank me for something (for the second time ever, I think, since becoming my ex-husband in 1996) and final;ly, just now, a friend wrote to thank me for essentially hosting a party at her house last night, even though that is NOT an accurate description of what I did.

I merely brought over a Rubbermaid storage tub full of adult board games and adult party drinks, mixed a dozen or so chocolate martinis, poured Baileys, Frangelico and Kahlua into tiny little Belgian dark chocolate sipping cups, opened a bottle of something called "BITCH bubbly" and taught eveyone how to play "Imaginiff" which is great game for a group of up to 8 people to learn more about each other and also how they are seen by others.

Yes, I suppose I am available for hire. Until my mural business picks up, or I get a book contract. Actually, even then.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment