Saturday, January 9, 2010

catty coincidence

We moved into our home and recarpeted our bedrooms well before we ever dreamed of adding a cat to our household. So, I consider it a complete coincidence that we chose a shade of shag carpeting that is the exact color of the IAMS cat food we feed to Oliver, our adopted (formerly stray) tabby. Perhaps the coincidence is that we chose a food of this hue; I can't be sure, because this is my first experience choosing either cat food or shag carpeting. I only know there was a wide range of colors of carpet to chose from, whereas bags of catfood are generally opaque and rather mysterious.

Generally speaking, this has worked out nicely, because the similarity in color of these two substances usually prevents me from noticing one on top of the other. Which is fortunate, since on most days, I really only tolerate my cat, who has the habit both of tracking his food around the house, and even vomiting it up, with some regularity. Especially since Oliver consistently makes my bedroom his main daytime hangout for three seasons of the year, I am grateful for the camouflaging effect of the food-carpet color match.

During the winter, though, when our poorly insulated bedroom becomes less chilly than the ideal, Olvier relocates the majority of his lounging activities to the master bathroom for the cozy comfort of its radiant-heated tile floor. The pure WHITE tile floor, with matching cotton spa rugs. I was just in there for a short visit, which inspired this very special post. As I recall, the cat food particles didn't match the rug earlier today when they were fresh off his little paws, and it matches even less well now that it has had time to dry out. Does anybody else want to clean this up? I didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment