Monday, January 11, 2010

audition for Army Wives

I auditioned for the part of a bitchy hospital administator on Army Wives today, and I loved it.

Any nice girl who's gotten to play a mean girl knows it's really, really fun. I'm not even all that nice, at least, not all of the time. In fact, I'm awfully good at being bitchy, but I never fully enjoy it in real life, because I always feel guilty for behaving that way, even while I'm in the moment.

So, to be asked to be bitchy, and even ASKED TO INTERRUPT the director, who was reading the part of the doctor I was being bitchy to, to be TOLD TO STEP ON HIS LINE with mine, well....it was my inner bitch's dream come true. The director/camera man asked me, after the third take, whether I had been reacting to his lines while he was reading them. He didn't know because while I was working "off-book", he was yelling at me with his nose buried in the script.

"Oh, yes! I've been rolling my eyes and dissing you the entire time you were talking."

"Good!" he said "Keep doing that, even more!"

The final take was my bitchiest of all.

"Great! We got it. That was awesome! You're the best!" he said, and opened the door for me to go.

Can you imagine? It just about made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment