Monday, April 19, 2010

energy around reiki

For many years, I have been carrying around energy - negative energy - about my inability, nay, my failure, to go to medical school. As the eldest child of a physician without any sons, the expectation that I might become a physician, too, was raised rather early on in my life. But I was too squeamish, too deeply affected by other people's suffering, too...chicken, basically. I opted out early, dropping science from my schedule of courses in the tenth grade.

I have always listened and tried to believe it when people told me I was too creative, too much of an artist, or a performer, or a teacher, you name it, to be a doctor, but none of that has done anything to assuage one basic problem. For the past couple of decades, I have struggled with the fact that I have had to watch people suffer physical pain without possessing any of the tools to help them. And I had assumed - for a very long time - that this is how it would always be.

I am supremely delighted to tell you that this is no longer true. And even more so, to realize that those tools are a natural part of me, and that healing can be, quite literally, an extension of me.

I once had the good fortune to meet a woman who had woken up from a coma after a near death car accident, only to discover that she had a brand new singing voice which, when directed at crystals arranged in alignment with the chakras down a person's spine, could faciliate their spiritual healing. I consider that a great miracle, and I am grateful for the work she did with me thirteen years ago, helping me to heal deep emotional scars.

I feel equally grateful today, but in a different way. Lucky, lucky me that I could skip the accident and the coma and just make up my mind to begin healing with my own two hands. I am so grateful to the friends who suggested I train to do reiki, and to my teacher, Bruce Davis, who supports me every step along the way on this exciting new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment