Monday, December 6, 2010

White Chanukah

I'm dreaming of an all inclusive
resort for Chanukah this year,
where the palm trees beckon,
and there's no need to reckon
the gratuity for every round of (cheer/beer).

I'm dreaming of a tropical Chanukah,
with every batch of latkes that I fry.
The house smells like a diner
and my baby's got a shiner
from the neighborhood snowball fight outside.

I'm dreaming of white sand beaches,
and rows of bright cabanas by the shore.
While my sweetheart plays tennis,
I'll finish my breakfast and
then, do some pilates for my core.

I'm dreaming of a well equipped day camp
with counselors whom my kids will adore
They'll meet other kids their age there
from New York, Philly, London,
and other Jewish cities round the globe.

I'm dreaming of an all inclusive
resort at Channukah this year...
May your menorah glow brighter each night,
and may all your beach towels be bright.

music by Irving Berlin
lyrics by Nancy Illman c2010

No comments:

Post a Comment