Wednesday, March 10, 2010

about that huge canvas up there...

It's been too long since the open air studio has gotten any use. Alison reminded me that we began gathering there exactly two years ago, and in honor of that anniversary, she came by with her watercolor set and some daffodil inspiration. I hauled outside the enormous canvas that the amazing Zsofi found for me at auction - was it really $12, Zsofi? - which has spent the winter loitering up against every wall of my kitchen. I finally know what I want to put on it, and even though it looks somewhat like a page out of a giant coloring book right now, I am so happy to be working on it, to have begun. How can you be anything but happy when you have an hour to spend with a great friend in great weather, with paint!?

No comments:

Post a Comment