Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

I took my dog on an early morning walk with one of my oldest friends
I made my special french toast, and banana strawberry smoothies, for 5 people I dearly love
I introduced a new friend to an old friend and took them both to Yellow Springs
My doggie was sooooo happy to wade deep in the water on the Glen Helen Trail

After the hike, I got 9 new bumper stickers at Dark Star Books (I know!!!) where I tried to recruit the store owner to play cello or bass in Pilgrim's Progress, but alas, it is too long a drive...
I sat on the pavement drinking an iced mocha from Dino's and eating hummous on a bagel with my dog and some wonderful children, one of whom exclaimed "This is just like Israel! I love sitting on the street!"

I drove to Young's Dairy, sat in the shade with my friends, watched our children play in huge tractor tires and visited some beautiful cows, chickens and goats.
I drove back to Cincinnati beside a friend I rarely get to see.
I picked up passes to tomorrow's dress rehearsal of Otello and, with Isaac, met Paul in Clifton for Thai takeout (yet another meal consumed on the street, alongside doggie)
We went to Graeter's where I remembered for once to ask them not to add syrup to my lemon raspberry smoothie and felt very grateful for air conditioning

Came home and bathed the doggie
Sat down and viewed 53 pictures of our friends' cute girls vacationing at the Outer Banks, followed by 120 pictures of Max looking very handsome and happy in the Negev desert with his friends
And now, I am sitting alone in my kitchen, contentedly blogging away while listening to the neighbors set off firecrackers, and hoping Paul is winning lots of money playing poker at Zachary's house
A good day, living in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment